special thanks to David DeChambeau for this info (David & Wendy just got their Ecuador Drivers License)
If you have a current driver’s license from the US or Canada, here’s what you need to get your Ecuador driver’s license:
- Eye and coordination exam form (examen psicosensometrico)
- Blood type card issued from the Ecuador Red Cross
- Driver’s record from the state or province that issued your license. This needs to be translated by a registered translator and notarized.
- Completed Formulario (the application form)
- Ecuador Cedula
- Take the 20 question exam (in Spanish)
- Pay the $65 fee
- Receive your license (you need to go to the ANT office in Quito with all the above documents). Takes about 1-2 hours.
Go to the ANT web site at http://www.ant.gob.ec to access the formulario you’ll need, download the banco de preguntas to study for the test, and to make an appointment (turno). There is also an online 20 question test simulator that you can use to practice for the exam.